Elliot at River's Edge
185 Queen City Avenue
Manchester, NH 03103
Located on the fourth floor of the medical building.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 5 pm
Preparing for Your Surgery
Pre-surgical telephone interview
A nurse will call you prior to your surgery date to review your health history, medication list, allergies, pre-operative instructions and arrival time. This will also be an opportunity to share any questions or concerns you may have related to your surgery. If you do not receive a call prior to your surgery, please call the pre-op nurse at (603) 663-5921.
Patients 60 years of age or older need an electrocardiogram (EKG) performed within one year prior to the date of service. Patients over 50 with a history of heart disease or diabetes may also require an EKG (at the discretion of your surgeon).
The night before your surgery
- Notify your surgeon of any changes in your physical condition, such as a bad cold or sore throat.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight (this includes milk and milk products, water, coffee, tea, ice chips, gum, mints and chewing tobacco) unless instructed otherwise by your surgeon.
- Take medications as directed by your surgeon. Also check regarding all herbal supplements and over-the-counter medications.
The morning of your surgery
- Take medications as directed by your surgeon.
- Shower or bathe prior to arrival.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Remove make-up, nail polish, hairspray, gels, perfumes, after-shave, lotions and deodorant.
- Remove all jewelry and body piercings and leave all valuables at home.
- Remove contact lenses and bring a case for your glasses.
- If you wear a hearing aid, please bring it with you so that you can hear the instructions.
- Bring your pre-fitted crutches or sling to take with you.
- For pediatric patients: bring along a favorite toy, blanket, pacifier and bottle if needed.
- If you develop a cold, cough, fever or flu, please notify your surgeon immediately. You may also call our facility at (603) 663-5900.
For your convenience, free valet parking is available and is suggested to ensure prompt arrival. You must have a responsible adult drive you home and it is recommended that an adult remain with you for the first 24 hours.
What to expect upon arrival
- Please check in at the registration desk on the fourth floor of the medical building.
- The anesthesiologist will meet with you to discuss the type of anesthesia you will receive and address any questions or concerns.
- Family and friends are invited to wait for you in our private waiting room. Please note that surgery times are approximate, so allow for flexibility in your schedule and with your drive home. The length and wait time will depend upon the type of surgery and recovery time needed. For your family and friends' convenience, we offer Wi-Fi, a cafeteria (with computers available for public use) and a gift shop within the building. We also invite your family and friends to relax in our Reflection Area on the fourth floor and enjoy a panoramic view of Manchester.
Following your procedure
- Prior to being discharged, post-operative instructions will be reviewed with you and a responsible adult. You will also receive a copy of these instructions to keep at home.
- Depending upon the type of your procedure, a registered nurse may call you to check on your recovery. To protect your privacy, we do not leave detailed messages on voice mail and answering machines.